The educatecard Visa® Prepaid Card is the quickest and easiest way for you to receive refunds from your school. It's reloadable and can be used to access cash at ATMs or banks, or to make a wide variety of purchases. It is not a credit card, so you cannot spend more than what is in the card account, and no interest is charged on purchases.
- Why choose the educatecard
for a refund or for payments from your school?
- Immediate Access to Funds: While you still have the option of requesting ACH or a paper check for refunds, the customized educatecard provides immediate access to funds as soon as they are released by your school. There are no delays related to ACH or check processing, no waiting for checks to arrive in the mail, and no need to wait in line at school or at the bank.
- Purchase Power: Use the educatecard not only to get access to cash at ATMs nationwide, but also to make purchases anywhere a Visa debit card is accepted — for meals, books, retail shops, even for travel!
- Reloadable: The educatecard is reloadable, so a parent, guardian, family member or even a friend may load funds directly to the card. You may also have paychecks from employers deposited directly into your educatecard account.
- Bill Pay: Never miss a bill payment again! Use your educatecard account to schedule automatic payments to various billers, from utility companies to your landlord - anyone you choose.
- Buddy Share: Share funds with other school classmates who also have an educatecard. Simply go to your online options section and list them as a Buddy!
- What kind of school refunds can be loaded directly to your card?
Examples can include:
- Financial Aid awards
- Scholarship awards
- Dropped or cancelled courses
- Credit balances after application of waivers or exemptions
Federal law requires that tuition-related refunds be sent to the registered student.
- Do I have to have a pending refund to get an educatecard?
No. While the educatecard is the quickest and most convenient way to receive school refunds or other payments from your school, any active student can request a card for accessing cash and making purchases. And once you have your card, any future refunds or disbursements will be loaded automatically.
- Can I access cash with the educatecard?
Yes. You can access cash by using a participating ATM or by visiting a local bank for cash advances. The amount of accessible cash is limited to the funds available on the card. Other restrictions, such as ATM daily withdrawal maximums, may apply. Search for ATMs now:
- How are funds loaded to the educatecard?
Funds can be loaded to your card in a variety of ways.
- Refunds and other payments from your school are sent directly to the educatecard account once the option is selected and funds are released by your school.
- Paychecks can be direct deposited into the educatecard account as long as an employer offers a direct deposit option.
- Funds can be loaded at any ReadyLink mechant.
How to reload with Visa ReadyLink:
- Look for the symbol on the door, kiosk, or cash register at participating stores, or at any U.S. MoneyGram agent location.
- Get the receipt and go! You will have immediate access to funds upon approval by the card provider.
ReadyLink Locations: usa.visa.com/locators/readylink-locations.jsp
- What kind of purchases can be made with the educatecard?
The educatecard can be used at any retailer that accepts Visa® debit cards, at restaurants, online, on campus for books, meals, even for travel. Some restrictions may apply. For example, because it is not a credit card and is limited to available funds, using the educatecard for gas may require paying a cashier directly.
- Is this a credit card?
No. The educatecard is a Prepaid Card and only allows the user to make purchases using funds that are currently available, so there is no risk of building debt and being charged related interest costs.
- Does the educatecard expire?
The educatecard is good for four (4) years from the date it is issued.
This card is issued by MetaBank™ pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc.